Environmental Education Facilitator
Working at PWELC, you’ll discover more than a job --- you’ll enjoy the opportunity to be outdoors, have fun, and make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. Gain valuable experience as a member of the staff at Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center, in scenic Spicer, Minnesota. Prairie Woods offers diverse experiences in environmental education, a challenge course, and outdoor recreation. We are all about learning to live well with self, others, and the environment.
A recent PWELC team member, Kelsie Rustad said:
“Working at PWELC has been an amazing experience! I have had the opportunity to gain confidence in myself and continuously grow as a person. Working with diverse groups of people as well as connecting others with each other and the environment has been extremely rewarding. I am beyond grateful for PWELC and the wonderful staff on shaping the person I am today.”
- On the Job Training Provided
- On-Call position - you choose which programs you will work, based on program and individual needs.
- Deliver programs to diverse groups, pre-school through senior citizen;
- You will be trained to assist with and lead a variety of activities such as:
- Pond Study
- Insects Safari
- Mammals, Predator & Prey
- Cross-Country skiing and snowshoeing
- Fat-tire biking and more;
- Train to work on the Challenge Course, with high events and a climbing wall;
- Assist with materials, equipment, curriculum, and background research
- Ability to speak and effectively engage groups
- Experience working with children or young people;
- Love of the outdoors, and sharing the outdoors with others;
- Knowledge of nature and awareness of environmental issues;
- Ability to do physically strenuous outdoor activities.
Environmental Education Coordinator
Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center
More information about PWELC at www.prairiewoodselc.org
Environmental Education Internship
A Prairie Woods internship offers diverse experiences in environmental education and outdoor recreation, as well as connections with a community of educators who support your learning process. Internships are available for the spring and summer seasons.
E-mail Kory with a letter of interest and resume: email@example.com